14 October 2009


I have what you could call a cronicly terrible memmory, I'm sure there is something not quite right with the way my mind removes whole sections of my life. That being said:

Some moments in life are so powerfull, so wrought with feeling, and energy, that they sear themselvs into our memory. We can smell the air, feel the wind, and hear the laughter years and years after the moment has passed.
You can see one of those moments in my life above.
Another I recall is cruising home on my bicycle as fast as I could (I was about 7 I think) I knew I was almost late as I was turning into our driveway, but the smell of summer in the air, the sound of my bike whizzing on the pavement, and knowing I was pedaling for all I was worth was one of those moments for me.

Even the thief knowen to us all as time has a challange ahead of him to steal away these precious well worn memories. We think of them, and it re-news not just us as we do so, but the path to them, and thier stregnth. I pray time is never able to remove these from my mind.

2 comments:

  1. Pardon my intrusion.. i was blog-hopping and came across your site... I felt your words as i feel the same... I wrote a blog not too long ago about the same sort of thing... bringing back memories due to something (in my case of writing my blog it was due to a smell)... isn't it sad that it seems to be out of our hands to what memories we can hold on to and which memories disappear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Liane for the note... I'm glad you understand what I'm talking about... some things you know you want to remember this way, and sadly you loose them so quickly, while others you never expected to keep so vividly remain forever.

    ReplyDelete