30 June 2012

Last weeks trip: Denver, CO

Last week saw me in Denver, CO


I flew on Southwest from MKE to DEN
The early morning flight was uneventful with decent customer service.


Initially I did not rent a car.


I stayed at the LaQuinta in the Denver Tech area:



$65
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver TechCentermore info

7077 South Clinton St
Greenwood Village, CO 80112
(303) 649-9969
lq.com
 3 reviews
Photo


What I can say:
The rooms aren't bad, the staff is however a little lack luster overall. Not much personal attention to the guests, if any at all. You can tell the hotel is in need of a re-fresh as far as overall upkeep. The internet is painfully slow everywhere but the lobby. The in room TV's are great, with a good TV Guide on board, and even some calming screen savers on them.
All in all three of five stars if you ask me.


Later on, I picked up a dodge Charger rental from this enterprise location in a nearby hotel:



Enterprise
 Rent-A-Car
more info

7801 East Orchard Road
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
(303) 221-0750
Write a review
Photo




I already have a review of this car located here.


Some places I went for grub:
First off my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE STEAK HOUSE IN THE WORLD:


Ted's Montana Grillmore info

5370 Greenwood Plaza Boulevard
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
(303) 771-3038
19 ZAGAT ·  7 reviews




We also sampled some down home BBQ:



Dickey's Barbecue Restaurants, Inc
more info

10230 East Arapahoe Road
Centennial, CO 80112
(303) 792-2444
 9 reviews




I also took a quick run before a storm blew in from the mountains and cut it short ( I was going for three miles)
My return flight was early squirly Friday also on Southwest, however this time around we were about 10min late. Our flight attendant was quite a joker, really making the safety briefing fun, and a lot less mundane.
Encountered some turbulence over MN due to some storms, but we arrived about 10min late in MKE and all was well.




No comments:

Post a Comment