17 November 2010

Late Fall

Apparently late fall has stolen into my life without warning. I recall thinking some time around September that things were going fast... now I'm here. How does this happen?

I guess I get caught up in the day to day <-- ugh that's such a horrible term.... hate it.

I'll try again....

I get so focused on a short to-do list each day that I don't step back and look at the big picture enough.
Ahhhh that's better.

Any way, I noticed that it's late fall. humph. A week or so away from Thanksgiving.... geez.

I got back to the hotel tonight and was on my way from the car to the lobby when I realized how cool it was out. No, not just cool, but crisp. I walked almost to the doors, then stopped. I took a long slow breath and let the chill fill my lungs.

I walked past the hotel and kept going. I'm sure I looked silly, a guy in business attire, with a backpack on walking around southwest Madison, but who gives a shit. I didn't know how much I needed that. I had some time to think... about whatever the hell I wanted, and that was nice.

I sure did miss my love though. It would have been nice to walk with her tonight. perhaps this weekend...

well would you look at that... I have no idea what I originally wanted to say here.... what a mess... better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment